Clinical Case 7
WL Check Radiograph
Palatal Canal Apical Plug Placement Check Radiograph
Post Obturation Radiograph
Post Obturation Radiograph at Horizontal Angulation (parallax)
Maxillary First Molar – Palatal Canal with an Open Apex
- Referred by GDP as unable to locate all the canals and palatal canal had a wide open apex possibly due to inflammatory root resorption.
- Four canals (very short MB2 with separate portal of exit) were cleaned & shaped-irrigation protocol with multiple cycles of copious irrigation and activation with NaOCl 3% and penultimate EDTA17% and final rinse NaOCl.
- Bioceramic putty used to place apical plug in the palatal root and remaining canal backfilled with heated GP.
- All remaining 3 canals obturated using WVC technique.
- Bulkfill and direct composite used to achieve an excellent coronal seal.
- Back to GDP for timely provision of indirect coronal cuspal coverage restoration.