Biofilm – Conspiring Together!
- Biofilm is a multicellular microbial ‘community’ lifestyle in the form of a matrix produced by different members of the community.
- Micro – colonies take different shapes just like a house!
- Communities have their own primitive circulation in the form of ‘water channels’
- They possess an advanced intercellular communication technique
- Root canal infections are a form of BIOFILM infections
- Biofilm ‘living’ provides defence against antimicrobials as well as allowing community members to become more resistant to antibiotics.